Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

An Open Letter to the NYSBRA Officers and Board

Thank you for taking the time to send this e-mail to NYS racers. I was glad to receive this informative e-mail and plan to use the nysbra website in the future.

I have a question and I am not sure if the nysbra group will be able to answer this, so I apologize in advance if this is outside your authority, but perhaps you could provide some guidance or forward this e-mail to someone who might know.

As a cat. 1 mountain bike racers, my husband and I often compete in the NYS mountain bike series which takes place at various locations throughout the Catskill mountains. This series is advertised as USAC licensed, as well as being a NYS Championship series, but for the past two years, our results have not been posted to the USAC website (under "results and rankings") thus, depriving us of valuable points and national rankings. As you might imagine, our team relies on these points to gain the attention of future sponsors. I made an inquiry to the various race directors asking them if they had been submitting the race results and received no reply. I am under the assumption that they advertise the races as USAC licensed, take our money for insurances, etc, and then do not submit results.

While I understand it is up to the discretion of the various race directors to submit results, I am disheartened by their lack of response and their unwillingness to submit results. Can you tell me the degree to which race directors are responsible for sending results to USAC? And, provide any advice on what racers can do to get the attention of race directors. As it currently stands, I feel that this state series is falsely advertising to the racers.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

No comments: